Plein Air paint-outs are scheduled from May through October. We gather at locations throughout Reno and the Sierra and enjoy the company of other artists practicing in a variety of mediums. Paint-outs culminate with an informal critique over lunch. Artists within the community are welcome to attend.
LATIMER ART CLUB 2019 PLEINAIR PAINT-OUT SCHEDULE
Co- chairpersons Carol Grigus 813-1172 firstname.lastname@example.org
& Marjee Smith 224-5289 email@example.com
Our 2019 PAINT-OUTS are scheduled May thru November. We gather together at locations in Reno and the Sierras to enjoy the camaraderie of other artists as well as capture Nature’s beauty. All mediums are welcome! Please join us for some fun paints together!!
Plan to meet on the 2nd WEDNESDAY of the month: May thru November, 9:30-noon. Please bring a lunch for an optional after PAINT share. Times are guidelines. Sites have restrooms. Bring a painting partner if you are concerned about being alone. Carpooling is encouraged!! Severe weather or emergency alerts could cancel any planned paint-out. Please call/email me or Marjee with any questions, comments or suggestions. Looking forward to seeing everyone in May!
Happy trails to all. Carol Grigus.
1. May 8. Rancho San Rafael ARBORETUM. Meet at the museum parking lot.
2. June 12. Galena Creek Park. 18350 Mt. Rose highway. 2nd entrance to the right. Not the visitors center.! Wonderful waterfalls.
3. July 10. Tahoe Meadows for alpine wildflowers.
4. August 14. Ida’s Ranch, 1530 Foothill road, Fredricksburg, CA. This 1887 Brunn family homestead is an hour south of Reno and has cattle, many buildings and great views of the Sierras and the Carson Valley.
5. September 11, Washoe Lake Wetlands south.
6. October 9, Thomas Creek on Timberline road. Golden Aspen..!
7. November 13, University Ridge Park. Directions to follow.
Directions to each location will be posted.
Additional locations can be added if interested.
Thanks to all who signed up; you will be notified the week before. HAPPY SPRING to all and happy painting! C.G.